I have the soulmate debate at least once a year with someone. It's not a debate over the existance of a person's soulmate. It's a debate over the idea that someone has found theirs. I believe I have a soul mate. I also believe my wife is not her. Therefore, by that token, I am not hers. That doesn't bother me one bit. I know someone is out there that could be a better fit in my life and the same is true for my wife. Let me explain before I get labeled "Worst Husband Alive".
I don't know exactly how many people there are in this world. You don't either, so stop thinking about it. I don't think I need any proof that you are not with your soulmate. The numbers and stats work in my favor. I think we date, break-up, search, date, break-up, search, and repeat the cycle 100 times, because we keep on finding something else missing in the previous relationship. We evolve as humans in relationships but the relationship doesn't always evolve with us. So why not leave it behind? What is it that makes you stop looking? In reality you did find the best person for you........so far. Do you really think it can't get any better? It did many times before so why not now?
What is it about marriage that makes us believe we're done looking? It's like saying "I know you like this restaurant a lot and it's your favorite so you should stop going anywhere else." That's ridiculous. And that's using an example of something that only satisfies you temporarily. Think about what improving your relationship or love life could bring you in terms of happiness. Can you ever be "happy enough"? No, you can't.
This is one subject I am truly passionate about and could talk/write about it for days. I will keep it simple and say this- While I believe we will never find our soulmate, there is someone out there that can make you happier than you are today. Whether you choose to find them is your choice. Is it so absurd to think that you stopped looking too soon?
No comments:
Post a Comment